Thursday, 30 October 2008
“In a world… (to be read in the style of a voiceover artist – in other words deep, really deep.)
In a world where anything can happen… comes a ’Christmas card’ so terrifying, so awesome, so joyful and triumphant only one man can help.
Yes that’s right, all that stands between Xmas and Officer Chief Brody is… (Music: Dum dum, Dum dum, dum dum dum ect.)
“We are going to need a bigger tree!”
Just when you thought it was safe to enjoy Christmas once again, comes ‘Claus’ a great white Christmas card’. A ‘Jaws’ parody from the darkest depths of artist Reece Ward’s fertile imagination.
Available from Redbubble.com. order now in time for Christmas and to avoid the rush.
This holiday season will NEVER feel the same again!”
(say the next bit fast and under your breath) Rated U. Suitable for all audiences. At a Redbubble.com near you.
Wednesday, 30 January 2008
Saturday, 19 January 2008
If you're a frustrated artist (lets face it most of us are), you will love Hugh Macleod's site. Gaping Void - "Cartoons drawn on the back of business cards.
At last somebody understands us!!!
Here's an extract So you want to be more creative, in art, in business, whatever. Here are some tips that have worked for me over the years:
1. Ignore everybody.
2. The idea doesn't have to be big. It just has to change the world.
3. Put the hours in.
4. If your biz plan depends on you suddenly being "discovered" by some big shot, your plan will probably fail.
5. You are responsible for your own experience.
6. Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten.
7. Keep your day job.
8. Companies that squelch creativity can no longer compete with companies that champion creativity.
9. Everybody has their own private Mount Everest they were put on this earth to climb.
10. The more talented somebody is, the less they need the props.
11. Don't try to stand out from the crowd; avoid crowds altogether.
12. If you accept the pain, it cannot hurt you.
13. Never compare your inside with somebody else's outside.
14. Dying young is overrated.
15. The most important thing a creative person can learn professionally is where to draw the red line that separates what you are willing to do, and what you are not.
16. The world is changing.
17. Merit can be bought. Passion can't.
18. Avoid the Watercooler Gang.
19. Sing in your own voice.
20. The choice of media is irrelevant.
21. Selling out is harder than it looks.
22. Nobody cares. Do it for yourself.
23. Worrying about "Commercial vs. Artistic" is a complete waste of time.
24. Don't worry about finding inspiration. It comes eventually.
25. You have to find your own schtick.
26. Write from the heart.
27. The best way to get approval is not to need it.
28. Power is never given. Power is taken.
29. Whatever choice you make, The Devil gets his due eventually.
30. The hardest part of being creative is getting used to it.
31. Remain frugal.
32. Allow your work to age with you.
33. Being Poor Sucks.
34. Beware of turning hobbies into jobs.
35. Savor obscurity while it lasts.